According to the World Health Organization the following are basic protection measures against the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol based hand rub or soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing at least 1 meter between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. This is because you can breathe the droplets including the virus.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. This means cover your mouth and nose with your bent, elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose the used tissue immediately. Clean any surface that might have the virus and use gloves in human interactions and transactions.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early in order to prevent spread of viruses and other infections.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your national health care provider.
- If you have recently visited (past 14 Days) areas where covid-19 is spreading, stay at home. If you begin to feel unwell even with mild symptoms such as headache and slightly runny noise stay at home, until you recover.
- If you are affected by covid-19 inform your national healthcare provider of any recent travel or contact with travelers in order to direct you to the right health facility and prevent possible spread of virus.
- To avoid spread rumors, always check the source of information.
- Avoid crowded places or places where you might interact with people who are sick and places where the virus is present or is spreading.
For the latest health advice about covid-19 and other health issues visit www.who.int/COVID-19 and your national health organization websites.
In addition to W.H.O. guidelines, it is significant to find the cure for coronavirus. It is because this pandemic movement is estimated to spread more the following weeks. Thousands of patients and dead people will be added to the consequences of this pandemic movement. This is a global threat for humanity and it is proposed to fund with great generosity the foundation of a vaccine and the cure against coronavirus. Healthcare organizations and relevant medical staff have to be mobilized all over the world for this purpose.
I don’t want to be confirmed but coronavirus might be worse than a world war. The same applies for other deadly diseases like HIV, cancer and so on.
So the discovery of a vaccine or cure for coronavirus as soon as possible is the only solution in order to stop the consequences and return back to normal life.