1982 – 06/02/2022, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Greek Recipes: Cretan Dakos
- 3 Big Barley Rusks
- 3 Big Spoons of virgin olive oil: 1 spoon for each rusk
- 9 gr of sea salt: 3 gr salt for each rusk
- 300 gr trimmed tomatoes (100 gr for each rusk) or 30 gr compressed tomatoes (10 gr for each rusk)
- 30 gr oregano (10 gr for each rusk)
- 300 gr yogurt and / or Feta minimum (100 gr for each rusk).
II. Implementation and Guidelines
Firstly, we take the rusks, then we pour the virgin olive oil on each rusk and then we put the sea salt. Finally, we pour the trimmed or compressed tomatoes and spread the oregano.
We “escort” and put yogurt and / or feta on our plate. So, we are ready to serve, eat and drink.
This is an all around the day and night snack-plate and the cost of this high quality snack-plate must be no less than 9 euros for precious and profitable reasons.
This snack – plate is highly nutritious, healthy, with antioxidants, proteins and vitamins. I have prepared and enjoyed it many thousand times and I estimate that it will satisfy efficiently the hunger of many people-customers-clients and tourists. Last but not least one-two-three treated shots of raki or rakomelo and you might feel more satisfied.
Michael Kassotakis MCIM, FCMI, CMktr